Wednesday, April 11, 2012

sock yarn galore



I like socks. I find them quick and easy knits; the cost/product ratio is low, and sock yarn doesn't take up much space. I am also much more likely to wear bold socks in new exciting color combinations than I am to wear a strangely-colored sweater. This holds for style as well--I'm always willing to try new patterns and new methods for socks, because they're so easy to adapt to fit my feet--merely try them on! Shawls and lacework are more tough to combine appropriately, and sweaters are so hard to fit that I am reluctant to ever improvise them.

For example, I'm not very likely to ever wear a sweater in this combination of colors:



But as a pair of socks I find it to be ridiculously charming. I'm greatly bothered by the camouflage-like pooling potential of this:


But I wouldn't mind it in some textured socks. There's something a bit cloying about a sweater in rainbow colored yarn:


But I'm in the process of the Knitting in Circles Sock KAL for April 2012 (Harvest Dew) and I am not only in love with the first sock, I'm moving through them at a fantastic pace.

I was so enchanted with this stuff

that even though the second skein had an inexplicable illness where it would randomly separate for no visible reason, I already finished knitting it up AND WOVE IN ALL THE ENDS, and I would order more of it at any time.

I don't like drama, and I don't like bullshit. I prefer clear communication, and my advice to people who ask for it is usually, "have you talked to ___ about it, yet? open and honest communication is the key to a good relationship", the blank being a significant other, a boss, a co-worker, or a friend. But despite this attitude... it turns out that I'm willing to put up with a lot of crap...

if it comes from some sock yarn anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment