Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When work gets overwhelming, make a list

Actually that's terrible advice--the best advice is to sit down and do things for as much time as you can instead of worrying about them for as much time as you can.

Buut it's break time so I'm gonna blog about knitting. or potential knitting.

I am feeling the need for shawls all of a sudden. I picked up that intricate lace shawl in August and I want to just pound away on that sucker for 4 hours a night (note: I do not get that much time to work on it. Usually I knit two rows right before I pass out). I ripped out my Vacillate color shawl (it was too wide, and I was gonna end up with a square rather than a rectangle) and I want to go home from work right now to cast it on and get back on the horse (it's a very very fun knit. Surprisingly addictive and easy). And I found a wee nubbin of a crescent Summer Flies shawl that I really want to start again (mm, pretty purple yarn)--I didn't get much past the garter tab caston for that one but I think it's awesome regardless. I also need to wind yarn for my next Piper's Journey, and I think that I finally decided I am going to knit a Nurmilintu with my luxurious purple silk yarn I got two years ago for my birthday. I also have 4 glorious skeins of Dragonfly Fibers DK yarn (traveller is the base) in the Titania colorway, and I think they'd make either a great Rococo Shawl.

I want to do a Striped Study or Different Lines or something like that in my two skeins of madelinetosh tosh merino light in the copper penny and oxblood colorways, but I also recently got gifted Oak Park pattern and I think if I picked up a dark brown and full skein and a partial of something like tart or another red or purple variant in mtl I can make a really fantastic version of this shawl.

There are a thousand crescent shawls awaiting me, and I still don't know what to do with some of my precious shawl stash. *sigh*.

Similarly, yarn for socks continues to breed even though I knit with it incessantly. Perhaps next year will be a knit-twelve-pairs year.... much needed.

The holidays are coming up faster than I expected. I am taking a relaxed approach to their knitting this year, though. I want to make mittens and socks for everybody, and a poncho for mom and a hat for my brothers, but I might just do mittens when I can and skip everything else. It's busy around here.

That's enough fun for now. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment