Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I cannot find my 10" straight needles

To be precise, I can find *one* of them. But not the other.

I really badly want to cast on a facsimile of the Pillow of Sei Shonagon and finally (finally!) use the ribbon yarn that's been deep stash and untouchable for three straight years.

The photo doesn't remotely do it justice. It's 100% silk ribbon. The edges are frayed and disastrously catchy, but the color is a deep, deep purple and blue, and has tones and depths and layers like paint. I love it with an unholy passion, and this pattern actually might show it off. I'm not even sure if I'll make it into a pillow--I might just frame it.

Anyway, I can't cast the project on because I've only got one needle in the right size. I've spent two hours cleaning my bedroom in an attempt to find it, to no avail. It's more than a foot long--where the heck could it have gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment