Sunday, November 16, 2014

Shawls

You know what, for how much I love shawls and how much shawl yarn I have planned out--I really don't have a lot of shawls on the needles or completed.

I had a goal this year to knit six shawls. SIX. mostly for myself. I wanted to finish my Shipwreck Shawl, re-knit Maluka and Summer Flies, finally start a color affection and an estonian lace shawl, and do something simple with some deep stash to send to some friends.

How is this one going? By the numbers, I've worked on five shawls. But as to specifics, well, it's been utter crap. I started estonian lace in January. I finished Shipwreck over the summer.  Everything else got ignored. I did knit myself a shawl that I hadn't planned to work on until next year (Quaker Ridge Shawlette) and finished it also over the summer, and I finished a stripey Zappow shawl of my own design to gift to a friend of mine. I also cast on a hitchhiker out of my own handspun, but I haven't touched it in a while (I don't know if a shawl is the right choice for this handspun).

Anyway,  it seems that I set my goals too high--6 really complex shawls did not get completed. But 1 complicated one got finished and 3 easy ones got worked on. So I think next year I need some easier plans. That's not super surprising--I am, as always, crazy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment