Saturday, August 2, 2014

Teaching is kicking my butt

My daily schedule consists of: waking up exhausted, hurrying into the office, trying to get a lecture together before 1pm, often without having remembered lunch, running short on material at about 2:40, scraping class along until 3:00 or 3:05, turning into a vegetable and scarfing down food while staring numbly at email until about 5pm, trying to grade until 9pm, frantically trying to balance grading and making a new homework with the need to prep lecture + the desire for some in class activity, and passing out at midnight.


one night this week I skipped the grading thing and just knitted. Now I'm behind 2 assignments (for only 6 students, agh, what do people with 20 students or 400 students do??) and I haven't had more than 6 hours of sleep since.

plus side: only 4 days left of class, the blanket is finished, and I"m onto the beaded bindoff of my shawl. So when I finish this, stash dash'll be met!

down side: wellllllll 5 days. Hopefully I can scrape enough time out of them to hit this point.

After I'm done teaching I imagine I'll just melt into a puddle for a few days. Hah. But on the knitting plate is:

1) a shop sample hat
2) finishing up some 3 ply spinning
3) starting the next part of the test blanket
4) starting mom's holiday gift
5) working on socks for the twin
6) secret for the other sister (hmmm...)

and a million other things I want to cast on all at once because they're shiny. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment