Monday, May 26, 2014

Stash Dash 2014 Begins!

Not with a bang, as it were--an entire day of knitting. Quite the opposite; I don't think I got so much as a stitch done on Friday. Too busy with work (but much work progress! glee!)

Still, Saturday is my day off, so I spent the morning knitting on the Shipwreck Shawl that is my first major goal for the stash dash. I finally broke into the third ball and got started on the size 10 needles at about the same time. So I've... 20 or so rows to go. Of course there are some odd 400 stitches per row... so it's not quick going. But I am enjoying it again. The next question is, of course, whether I should endeavor to use up the whole third ball or if I should end the pattern where it tells me to end it.

We'll see how it looks when I get to the bindoff. I think I want to add beads to the bind off so I'll have to look into it.

Other than that, not much knitting has happened. I've had a few great evenings with friends that have taken up my non-work time.

Instead, I'm finishing up (nnnghaflkjakljfl) the First Paper and doing data reduction and programming and writing for the Second Paper and working on a fellowship application, wee. so, as always, work is keeping me busy.

Oh! but, a pretty yarn (or yarn-to-be) picture for ya'll. When I went to Maryland Sheep and Wool I got some crazy batts as a gift from a friend. These are Hobbledehoy Compost Batts, which are amazing and textured and crazy and beautiful. I can't wait to spin some art yarn out of these suckers. They're 2.5 ounces so I don't expect a lot of yardage but the texture and color are gonna make them POP.

I'll try to post some more MDSW pics at another time

No comments:

Post a Comment