Monday, April 29, 2013

Almost May!

And I am getting really excited to start a project with my May-designated laceweight yarn. I've settled on Maluka, a crescent shaped short-row shawl with a lovely little lacy edging. I picked up some beads for sale at a local bead shop that might work with the coppery linen from Habu Textiles.

Meanwhile, I am working on the second Green Dragon sock, about to cast on the second Leyburn sock, and casually ignoring my scarf-and-hat in progress (it was for a birthday that passed. so it will now be for the coming winter. Plenty of time. Now if only I could get it to stop bleeding!)

If I were to start working on some hibernating objects, I would add thumbs to my freshly revived Extragalactic mitts (I just finished the second one last night! yay, it only took a year! stupid second-mitt-syndrome), and finish putting buttons on my Spatterdashery. Oh, and I suppose I should *try* to finish my long-desired Shipwreck Shawl (almost halfway done! the netting +beading takes forever!) and my Brown Sweater that is so comfortable and lovely.

My big goal for summer (aside from my various WIPs) is to work on things for my older sister, who has gotten the short end of the needle for several years now. The hat I made for her is pointy and needs to be ripped out, and the mittens I was making for her barely made it past the cuff by the time I left for the holidays. I've got the yarn for those two projects, + another lovely yarn for this holiday that I can't wait to try out. This is Level A Priority, people--knitting depravation! how dreadful. Oh, wait, she did receive that lovely cashmere cowl from me, buuuut I don't know if it counts as it wasn't knit specifically for her.

Other than that, I want to spiiiiiiin. It's a pity I can't get some serious spinning done while traveling, because lately it's the only thing I want to do. I have half of a rainbow yarn and half of a subtle earth-toned orange and purple yarn that I need to spin up (not together! ew! they are their own things), and I want to start spinning this dark purple and black yarn into some laceweight (if I can; I'm not normally fantastic with merino, and most of my stuff is dk-fingering nowadays) as soon as I can. And then I got a lovely heathered red blue and green fiber, and some fresh plump braids of bright yellow! Oh spinning, why do you make such beautiful results?

1 comment:

  1. Wheee! Can't wait for my mitts....and hat! And other lovelies :)

    ReplyDelete