Friday, January 4, 2013

other new exciting plans

of course, just because I have Deep Stash 2013 plans doesn't mean I am not secretly dreaming of all the other projects I want to work on.

The first is this sweater. It's basically Hey Teach!, from Knitty Summer 2008. Unfortunately, I've made some size that falls in between but fits me great. I was planning to give it raglan style decreases but that seems to clash with the scoop neck. I still want to modify the neck so the last button point will be right where the patterning on the top begins--I don't look good with buttons marching up the mountains of my breasts like old civil war soldiers. Still, I haven't come up with a good sketch yet, so I'm just going to have to calculate numbers for a bad sketch and hope the end product is better than my ability to draw can convey. I will probably, however, not do raglan decreases, no matter what my sketch conveys--I like the fitted sleeve holes the Hey Teach! shaping leaves.

To figure out for this project:
1) how long I want it to go before I start the top
2) what adjustments I need to make to accomodate my breasts
3) what sort of adjustments I need to make for the back so it fits well at the neck, etc
4) what adjustments I need to make to get the pattern to fit on the front and the back
5) how to make sure the sides are at the sides when I split up the front and back work.

Next thing that's important to me is a couple of shawls I've wanted to make for a year: Colour Affection and Hitchhiker.

I think I'll start with Colour Affection--partly because it's more complicated, and partly because I have a new swift and ball winder from the holidays (!!!eee!) so I can wind up the yarns and that's very satisfying, and partly because it's garter stitch and I can appreciate that a great deal right now, but it's also going to make a crescent and I really like crescent shawls. I've got black, grey, and a bright-green yellow that I think will look fantastic together.

Hitchhiker was a recent gift and I want to use these Mawata I purchased in stunning dark blues and purples. I think it will show off the gorgeous colors as well as the lovely squashiness of the drafted silk

My next eagerly anticipated project is a blanket for the couch--multiple sizes and arrangements of rectangles and squares in four central colors, surrounded by a subtle gray frame. I can't wait to plot it all out and carefully plan the colors and shapes and types of squares. I picked up some stolid Ella Rae wool in pale blue, dark brown, rust orange, and a rusty red, plus some pale creamy gray. I can't wait to knit it--it's such a winter project, like oatmeal, all cozy and garter stitch (I imagine).

Finally I need more socks for myself, and I've got some wonderful sock yarn to try out sock yarns to use:
Green Dragon sock yarn (Leyburns? It'd be nice, but it's such a big ball I still think--shawl)
Green LRB spark sock yarn (something handcarved and cable-y)
madelinetosh tosh sock in Nebula (maybe also handcarved and cable-y)
Plymouth yarn happy feet in purple
Plymouth yarn happy feet in green --almost definitely the Firestarter pattern in my queue--maybe the same for the purple?
Unplanned Peacock sock yarn in the perfectest of blues. Not sure what to make but sure that I really really love it
Satsuma orange socks if I can figure out a wonderfully round modern pattern

I think between this and the fiber I want to spin, I'm pretty set for fun projects for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment