Sunday, May 6, 2012

Still plottin'

I'm still in a plottin' and plannin' mood.

currently just trying to focus on these questions:
figure out how to extract GBT temp data-- mrdfits? fxposit? other mechanisms? each .fits should just be one temperature or something like that. mrdfits it is; just need to get it to recognize the extension index of 1 instead of the default 0.
plot GBT data and compare it to plots of gainometer data
write one program that calls on tempextract and whatever program I write for the gbt data and plots/compares them both (??)
figure out how to compare them
write first draft of essays for TPT
fill out voter registration form
mail lease to landlord
write first draft of abstract for competitive conference at the end of July
figure out what I would need to observe for my thesis and which telescopes to use.

most of my plotting and planning about knitting has died down a bit, possibly because I'm so close to the end on several projects. My Spatterdash mitts need only buttons and a blocking (though I've given up trying to finish them by the end of the day tomorrow--I've got too much work to do); my Wee Pumpkin Hat needs only a quick blocking; my gift mitts still only need 3 buttons and button loops (aaaaaaaaaaagh fine I will try and do that tonight before I sleep--oh, it's already 11. another time); and I am on the infinitely long bindoff of the Tiny Green Leaves that I am making (took just over 2 skeins; I had to join the third in after a quarter of the bindoff had been completed). Even though startitis is still pretty strong, and I want to cast on about 42 colorwork projects and eight shawls and three sweaters, I seem to be focusing on finishing. I even took out, oh, the second or third thing I ever knit--a cotton dishcloth--and looked into seaming it shut and stuffing it with fluff and catnip to make a kick pillow. I didn't have any other cotton to seam it with so I abandoned that right away, but my point is that I picked up a 4 year old hibernating project to finish it and gave it serious consideration, and it's back on my radar.

we'll see what wins. For once, it might be work--I've spent hours programming and plotting today, and have made a fancy couple of pictures (though not fancy enough; only half the data, and I need the other half from the completely different source before it means anything. See list of questions above).

With that in mind, I'd better get back to the work before this and knit-plannin' become too distracting. But I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of something I finished recently:



Susie's Reading Mitts (formerly retired, now returned to existence on ravelry) in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. One ball of the yarn produced a (slightly shortened) pair of mitts, which I love to pieces--and which were sent off to my LSG swap partner. *sigh* I miss them. But I got something really neat in return


gorgeous and starry, a lace shawl with beads. <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment